QE Engineer – Highlands Diversified Services – London, KY
Highlands Diversified Services, Inc in London, KY is currently seeking highly motivated candidates for a Quality Engineer position. Quality Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of existing TS16949 policies and procedures, APQP team leader for all new projects, development and implementation of control plans, PFMEAS, and all associated inspection procedures. Previous experience as a Quality Engineer in the automotive industry is preferred.
1. Directs sampling inspection, and testing of produced/received parts, components and materials to determine conformance to standards.
2. Host customers for audits, react to customer complaints, follow through on all sorting and rework of suspect parts.
3. Control of the product sorting/hold areas of the facility. Responsible for directing, instructing and organizing the work of parts sort area. Must follow-up with efficiency, effectiveness and safety of those assigned to work the area.
4. Provides training and completes documentation of all quality training provided to Company employees and forwarding that paperwork to the appropriate individuals (Supervisors, Engineering, Human Resources, etc.).
5. Develop PPAP documentation for specific products; including Quality Control Plans, Flowcharts, FMEA’s, Inspection Reports, measurement/calculations coordination and PSW.
6. Acts as Internal Auditor Coordinator and oversees the maintenance of all TS 16949 documentation.
7. Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
8. Works with supervisors and other responsible persons on determining root cause and developing corrective actions for all internal quality concerns.
9. Participate in APQP for specific programs.
10. Communicate with the customer as necessary to ensure all issues around assigned programs are resolved in a timely manner. Respond to customer corrective Action Requests.
11. Develop gauging requirements for assigned programs.
12. Monitor process capability to ensure required standards are maintained.
13. Participate in Continuous Improvement programs.
14. Perform workstation audits on assigned programs.
15. Perform vendor quality audits as required.
16. Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
17. Accepts responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others.
18. Provides computerized status report describing progress and concerns related to inspection activities, nonconforming items, and/or other items related to the quality of the process, material, or product.
19. Reviews quality trends, tracks the root cause of problems, and coordinates correction actions.
20. Provides input and recommendations to management on process of procedural system improvements, such as configuration management and operations functions. 21. Work with technicians to ensure products are measured correctly and all data is compiled for on-time PPAP submissions.
22. Will document and review supplier quality issues to the quality files daily, and communicate any needed Corrective Actions or plans from the suppliers.
23. Formulates contingency plans, reviews control plans and FMEAs and makes necessary updates to the database as needed.
24. Responsibilities include training; assigning and directing work of temporary re-work employees.
25. All other duties as assigned.
Interested persons must submit a resume & cover letter to Sally Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call for more information 606-878-1856.
- On October 10, 2017